March 5, 2013
Oh, spring. You already have us dreaming of songbirds, blooming begonias and the beauty of a new season. It's a new season at PlainClarity; thus, we're doing some heavy scouting for a superstar to join our team (pardon the sports reference; it's nearly March Madness, too, y'know?) The position: a full-time public relations specialist. Members of the PlainClarity team think like journalists and have the chutzpah of publicists. Sound like you?
Contact us if you are:
A fantastic writer who is organized, abundantly detail-oriented, witty, intelligent, trustworthy and refrains from using up-speak. You do well, nay thrive under pressure. Your research skills are exceptional; you know how to find trends and pitch press-worthy stories. You enjoy working in an autonomous environment, but appreciate the support of a positive team; you consider yourself extremely creative. The tactics you employ could be considered vanguard. You are confident in your abilities. You have a positive relationship with local San Diego press and are willing to forge relationships with national press, if you haven’t already. You have a successful track record securing editorial placements and conjuring overall greatness.
You appreciate the opportunity to grow within an organization that cares about your success and well-being. You are dedicated to helping our clients succeed. We are dedicated to helping YOU succeed.
You are able to manage accounts with great finesse, provide high-level client support and strategic counsel and take care of our valued clients, who we treat like family, sans the drama. Note: we will continue being directly involved with clients, too.
You scour websites, magazines and the like for food trends or are willing to do so. You have a deep love for food and perhaps even understand some of the critical issues challenging the nation’s food system. You understand how to effectively use social media and have at least a modicum of marketing acumen or are willing to quickly develop it. Extra points for a wicked sense of humor. You’re self-confident, but your hubris is under control.
In a perfect world, you have agency experience and positive relationships with San Diego press. You’ve been in the industry for a minimum of three years — or you’re just extremely sharp.
You are excited about evolving into a senior team member.
Some of the things you’ll be doing...
• Demonstrating your fabulousness, because you are — fabulous, that is.
• Loving our clients abundantly, 'cause we adore them and we wouldn't bring anyone on the team that doesn't have their best interests in mind.
• Driving business with minimal supervision, but significant support.
• Recommending and implementing initiatives that improve the public’s perception of the client.
• Developing social media campaigns and managing an intern to execute them.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with press, bloggers and key influencers.
• Writing interesting and effective press materials.
• Researching special events for client participation.
• Managing internal special events.
• Booking and managing TV segments.
• Co-maintaining company blog and social media pages.
• Researching and maintaining awareness of national trends in food and hospitality.
• Staying aware of San Diego food culture and the key players involved.
• Evaluating advertising and promotional programs for compatibility with public relations efforts and client brands.
Commensurate with experience.
Please email the following to hello [at] plainclarity [dot] com
• Why we’ll like you (i.e. why you’re a strong candidate for the position).
• Sample pitch and press release that you’re especially proud of.
• Examples of press placements you're proud of.
• Extra points for one or two kudos from past employers or members of press with whom you’ve worked.