Oh, spring. You have us dreaming of songbirds, blooming begonias
and the beauty of a new season. It's a new season at PlainClarity and
we're doing some heavy scouting for a superstar to join our team. The
position: a full-time account magician/manager. Members of the
PlainClarity team think like journalists and have the chutzpah of
publicists. Sound like you?
Contact us if you:
- Have at least seven years of experience in the field.
- Are confident. Very very confident. And you inspire confidence.
- Are a prolific writer who is organized, abundantly detail-oriented, hard-working and witty.
manage accounts with great finesse, providing high-level client support
and strategic counsel and taking care of our valued clients, who we
treat like family, sans the drama.
- Are an exceptional researcher; you know how to find trends and pitch them effectively.
- Have developed relationships with local and national press, especially in food, lifestyles, beauty and TV.
working in an autonomous environment, but appreciate the support of a
positive team; you consider yourself extremely creative.
- Are loved by members of the press
- Have achieved strong editorial placements and have forged strong partnerships.
the opportunity to grow within an organization that cares about your
success and personal well-being. You are dedicated to helping our
clients succeed. We are dedicated to helping YOU succeed.
- Have a deep love for food and perhaps even understand some of the critical issues challenging the nation's food system.
- Possess marketing and social media acumen.
- Have a wicked sense of humor and wit.
- Are self-confident, but your hubris is under control.
- Are extremely sharp.
Some of the things you'll be doing:
- Developing clear communications plans with set objectives for clients.
and overseeing day-to-day client projects and/or events to insure the
quality of work meets client's objectives and provides value. You’ll
recommend and work with your team to implement initiatives that improve
the public’s perception of the client.
- Maintaining clear and consistent communication between the client and PlainClarity.
- Demonstrating your fabulousness, because you are — fabulous, that is.
- Loving our clients abundantly, 'cause we adore them. It's vital you love the client side of this gig.
- Helping grow the company.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with press, bloggers and key influencers.
- Booking and managing TV segments, most of which occur early in the morning.
- Co-maintaining company blog or delegating appropriately.
- Evaluating advertising and promotional programs for compatibility with public relations efforts and client brands.
- Commensurate with experience.
Please email the following to hello [at] plainclarity [dot] com:
- Resume or CV.
- Why we'll love you (i.e. why you're a strong candidate for the position).
- A note about how you’ve used your pr and marketing acumen to achieve success for a company or individual.
- Extra points for kudos from past employers or members of press with whom you've worked.